Under Construction - Master Calendar will be compiled from below topics and more
1. Thursday Noon Meeting Dates
at Shade on the Canal through September 2019 on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month:
We will be determining Thursday Noon meeting dates for October-December 2019 in early September 2019. Plan on at least the second and fourth Thursday, except for Thanksgiving Day November 28, and Thursday, December 26, 2019.
3. Deadlines/Planning/Target Dates for Rotary Club of Canal Winchester Area
(section under development)
September 2019: District 6690 Public Image Grant request due by end of the month. John Kershner coordinating.
Jan 2020: Tour of Scioto River Valley (TOSRV) planning; more info soon. Ron Murdock, Eve Wing, Brad Tharp part of planning group.
April 2020: Rotary Foundation Deadline -- Catherine Roebuck coordinating.
May 2020: CW Area Scholarship - Sarah Conville coordinating with Dan Reinke ?
November 2020: Rotary Youth Exchange (YEP) candidate(s) deadline, including academic-year outbound students for 2021-2022 school year, and summer family-to-family exchanges for the summer of 2020 (generally one month abroad and one month with host brother or sister in our area. Brad Tharp assisting new CW Club YEP Chair.
November 2020: Canal Winchester Bed Tax Grant request due by end of the month. Dr. Kathy Lydick coordinating ?
2. Events/Rotary Theme Dates
* indicates Rotary Club of CW Area participation
Friday June 21, 6:00 pm - District Gov Installation
CLICK TO PURCHASE TICKETS $35/person
Installation Ceremony for Gary Vaughan
District Governor 2019-20
Dinner Buffet & Desserts; Cash bar
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral
555 North High Street | Columbus, OH 43215
July 12-13-14, 2019
Rotarian Youth Exchange Program (YEP) - Dist6690
Rebound & Inbound Orientation
Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio
* July 18-20 : Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA)
Ohio University Athens: ryla6690.org/index.html
July 26 and 27 - Blues Festival
* Saturday August 24, 2019 , 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
District 6690 Fall Training Assembly
Zane State College
1555 Newark Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701
* Saturday August 31
Labor Day Festivities in Canal Winchester
September 21, 2019
* October 2019 : Rotary Club of Canal Winchester Area, First Responders Luncheon
* November 2019 : Byron Sanders Meals Program
November 2019: RI Foundation Month
December 2019: RI Disease Prevention and Treatment Month
February 2020: Rotary International (RI) Peace and Conflict Resolution/Prevention Month
March 2020: RI Water and Sanitation Month
April 2020: RI Maternal and Child Health Care Month
May 2020: RI Youth Service Month
* May 15, 16, 17 in 2020: 59th Tour of the Scioto River Valley (TOSRV) bike ride, departing Canal Winchester (CW)- sponsorship includes our CW Historical Society. Note, web link below is for the 2019 ride; will update to 2020 when date is confirmed and 2020 info becomes available.
June 2020: RI Rotary Fellowship Month
June 6-10 2020:RI International Convention in Honolulu, Hawaii.